Sunday, July 12, 2009

Berry Cobbler

This recipe comes from Marilyn Burden, a lifelong friend of Grandma/Nana/Flo/Mom. I can't wait to try it!!

2C berries any kind or mix berries
1/4C sugar (I use less about 1-2 T)
1T lemon juice (I add about 3 and also some lemon zest)
1/3 C flour (I omit this I like it juicy)

Topping
1/2C brown sugar
1/4C flour I use more probably
1to 2 C flour depending on size of pan but I like a lot of topping)
6 T butter(I use more 8to 10)
1 t cinnamon(I use 2or 3)
you can make as much topping as you like just adjust other ingredient to make it crumbly

Toss berries in lemon juice, sugar and flour place in pie dish
mix other ingredients and top berries
Bake 375 30 to 35 minutes or till bubbly
serve with whipped cream or ice cream
Enjoy...hope you don't mind my alterations, but with fresh berries or peaches,,you can't miss no matter what you do ,,,sounds like my mothers type of receipe..a little of this and a little of that...!

No comments: