Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lemon Baked Cod

I know there are several sisters who are not fish eaters, but I wanted to post this recipe for those of us who are.  I found this on-line tonight, and I couldn't believe how incredibly easy and delicious it was!  Plus, I always have everything on the ingredient list in the kitchen, so it will become a good standby for us.

I used the frozen wild Alaskan cod fillets from Trader Joe's.  They are excellent and easy to keep on-hand.


¼ cup butter or ¼ cup margarine , melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
18; teaspoon white pepper

If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pieces.
Mix butter and lemon juice.  In another bowl, mix flour, salt and white pepper. Dip fish into butter mixture; coat fish with flour mixture.  Place fish in ungreased square baking dish.  Pour remaining butter mixture over fish; sprinkle with paprika.

Cook uncovered in 350 degree oven until fish flakes easily with fork, 25-30 minutes. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon slices if desired.

No comments: