Monday, January 30, 2012

Green Goddess Bowl


For lunch right now, I am happily enjoying my leftovers from dinner last night. The Green Goddess Bowl is another Pinterest find that I'm eager to share with y'all! It's a flavorful, all-in-one meal, that I'm sure you'll all love.

Some of the ingredients are slightly different from what I typically have in my house (miso paste), while others are old standbys (frozen green peas and quinoa)

The below makes A LOT of food. Enough for 4 adults.

TIP: You may want to add more greens than what is listed below if you like more veggies.

INGREDIENTS
2 C Quinoa (this should be the whole box if you get the same brand I use - Ancient Harvest)
4 C Veggie Broth
1 1/2 C Extra Firm Tofu
1 C Broccoli
1 C Kale, chopped
1 C Green Peas (frozen is more than OK!)
1 Whole Citrus Fruit (I used Grapefruit)
1 Whole Avocado
Lemon juice (fresh if you can, but OK to use bottled)
4 Cloves Garlic
2 Tbsp Red Miso Paste (I found this in the refrigerated section at Whole Foods)
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

METHOD
Step One. Prepare grains.
Cook quinoa. I used 4 cups of veggie broth in place of water.

Step Two. Saute greens & tofu.
Add greens and tofu to the ingredients below - sauté on med-high until tender:
2 Tbsp Red Miso Paste
1/4 C Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
2 Tbsp chopped garlic

Step Three. Fold:
Add to large bowl and fold together:
Quinoa
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
Your greens sauté

Step Four. Garnish:
1 avocado, sliced
1 large grapefruit, peeled and diced
Optional Garnishes:
Fresh green herb, chopped (parsley, basil, chives or cilantro)
1/2 cup red onion, diced

Step Five. Dress:
You can really dress this however you like. I opted for simplicity and just used more lemon juice. This has a Japanese flavor to it from the miso paste, so I would suggest you keep that in mind when making your dressing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This recipe looks amazing! As a vegetarian I'm always looking for some new ideas